CNM National Confederation of Municipalities Suspend

At least 14 Brazilian capitals decided not to have the New Years Eve party at the turn of 2021 to 2022 Most of them communicated the decision in recent days due to the advance of the Covid19 virus variant that emerged in South Africa Ômicron Tests have already confirmed that Brazilians were infected with the new strain which is causing concern among scientists around the world.

The list includes 13 capitals most from the Northeast and the federal capital Brasília See the cities where the party will not be held or which had the main events such as concerts cancelled

Will have fireworks but no music shows On the other hand the capital of Santa Catarina provides for Christmas festivities with the public

Pessoa canceled the party but access to the beaches is free Belo Horizonte said it has not planned a public New Years Eve party since 2015 a situation similar to that of Curitiba which in recent years has not been holding public events on December 31st

The City of São Paulo informed in a note that New Years Eve on Avenida Paulista is already being planned and the event is subject to the epidemiological situation He also stated that in the first week of December data will be presented to guide the decision on the use of masks outdoors Last week the state said it expected the requirement to end on the 11th but city halls could be more restrictive

The decision on the Carnival of São Paulo also remains open Over the weekend the city hall reported having approved 440 street blocks but confirmation of the event should only take place at the end of this month.

In Rio the state secretary of Health Alexandre Chieppe stated that the new variant in no way alters the state plan The plans for Carnival and New Years Eve as well as access for tourists are maintained until perhaps some new fact or risk information is identified.

Paulo Ziulkoski president of the CNM National Confederation of Municipalities says that with or without anyone who can suspend agglomerations must adopt the measure We cannot let our guard down he says A survey by the CNM carried out from November 16 to 19 shows that of 2362 managers interviewed 978 intended to continue with the mandatory use of masks in private places and 886 said they would keep it in public spaces.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Previous post At least 14 capitals will not have a New Year
Next post Chamber of Deputies Approved Bill On Wednesday